Friday, June 19, 2009

Book Review - Pureheart

Pureheart
Rita Hsu Syers
Bronwen Publishing (2009)
Hardcover
340 pages
Advance Readers Copy

Tedious, canine “preachy” and much too explanatory this book was very difficult for me to read (and honestly I didn’t get past page 60). The premise is interesting and could have been an action drama filled with interesting pacing and creative characters. But, unfortunately, it was not.

I have news for the author. (And please don’t bash me for not being an animal lover…) Not everyone in the world loves dogs, owns a dog or works with dogs. My word, every human in the book had dogs in common. But in the real world even if everyone you know owns a dog its not THE only thing they ever discuss. I do like animals and thought this story had some promise but the monotony turned me off almost from the start.

1 ½ out of 5 stars

The Alternative
May 1st, 2009
Southeastern Wisconsin

No comments: