Monday, April 10, 2006

Music Review “Las Cruces Jail” - Two Gallants.

This song, which has a Spaghetti Western beginning (complete with wind sound effect), quickly turns into a song that displays elements of rockabilly, blues and folk. The vocals are cigarette harsh and the lyrics tell an epic story of the old (and the new) west. “Well, a restless wind is whistlin’/Through my window through my head/Through all the strife that I’ve survived/And in my hour of darkness/I keep counsel with the dead/Just enough to remind me I’m alive.” The band is evidently named after a short story by James Joyce and is comprised of a very young guitar-and-drums alt-country duo from San Francisco named Adam Stephens and Tyson Vogel, both not yet 20. This song can be found on the CMJ – College Music Journal website Issue 138 New Music Journal or at the band's website.
"Las Cruces Jail" deserves 4 and a half out of 5 stars.
  • CMJ

  • Two Gallants


  • * The Alternative One

    No comments: